Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 11 Reading Reflection

1.) What surprised me the most was seeing Cornings's tech history. Having such a long gap between products from 1982 to 2007 is amazing.

2.) I was confused with how they were trying to explain how will innovation create value for potential customers. I understood what they were talking about but I thought the way they explained it could have been better.

3.) One question I would ask the author is if he thinks more companies should practice crowd sourcing. Can this be used as a standard way of doing things now instead of a traditional route.
Also, I would ask what he thinks a company like Yahoo would need to innovate to become relevant again here in the states. He brought it up early in the article and it got me thinking out how Yahoo is still a top website in Japan but barely standing here in the states.

4.) I don't agree with the author that aping someone's else's system is not the answer. This has been done so many times today and it has worked. Services like Spotify and Tidal, Xbox Live and PSN, are companies looking to their competitors copying exactly what worked for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment