Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Idea Napkin No.2

1.) I have experience designing apps for student and professional projects. My aspiration is to have a career that is both creatively rewarding and can provide benefits to people. If I were to start this business, this could achieve that aspiration. I would dedicate all my time to designing my key holder product and knowing people are willing to buy it would give me the sense that I'm having a positive impact on society.

2.) Carrying a lot of keys on you comes with a lot of annoyances. They can take up a lot of space and sit uncomfortably in your pocket. They can be noisy if you walk around with them. And there's a hassle to find the right key when you need to use it. My product, KeyBrain, is meant to replace the regular key chain and remove of these annoyances of carry keys around.

3.) My main target for this product is anyone who needs to carry around a lot of keys with them at all times, so people like college students, hotel staff, business owners, and many more. This product is something that could make their lives more convenient by removing a small but annoying issue in their life. I've seen in convention centers and hotels where staff members have a hard time trying to find the right key for a specific room or they are constantly messing with their keys because its uncomfortable or too loud. I also deal with these annoyances every day and having a product like KeyBrain is something that I need.

4.) The product is designed to fix every annoyance previously mentioned. Instead of keys placed around a ring and exposed, they are put into a small rectangular container that holds them neatly. The container is compact so it takes up less space in your pocket, is more comfortable,  and removes the clattering of keys. Finding the right key is a lot easier too. So the keys are placed inside of the container. On the side of the container are small knobs that you push up and down. This pushes the key up so you can use it and down again when yo're done with it.

There is also a feature that lets you find your KeyBrain if you misplace is. A common annoyance is not knowing where you placed your keys. There will be an app that works with the product that helps pinpoint where your keys are located. The number of keys you can hold is also expandable. You can carry 5 to 10 keys at a time. So for staff workers at a hotel instead of carry a huge bundle of disorganized keys, you can carry 2 or three KeyBrains that have the keys sorted together.

5.) What sets me apart from everyone else is my determination. No matter how far fetched or impossible something might seem, I'll do my best to things work. What I have that nobody else has is that at my age I have experience with working with professional clients on making a new product from scratch.

I believe that all five of these elements work well together. I have some unqiue experiences that give me an understanding on how to design and plan out a product. I have a core audience that I'm targeting but the product is something that everyone could use. The features it has are things that people care about. And I think my core competencies are things that will help me move my business further if I wanted to start it.

Feedback Memo

From my feedback, everyone thought I came up with a great solution to a problem. They found the annoyances I fixed very convenient. The design of the product was also well received. Also my target audience was something people agreed on. There was feedback on how there could be problems getting an older generation to use a new technology for something they've been using for years. With this feedback I tried to make my napkin idea more detailed so people could better understand what my goal of the product is. I also tried to define my target audience more understandable. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jason I greatly enjoyed reading your blog. It is clear that you placed a lot of time and effort into this. I also really like your product. I am always losing things so I believe the finder addition would be extremely useful. Also making your key chain more efficient is never a bad thing. My only question for you is do you think people would enjoy having to have a block in their pocket. It may be annoying for someone to have the rubbing of that block in their side all day. Maybe you could change up the shape. Overall great post and my blog is below. http://boyettblog12.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason,

    I first want to say that I think you have an amazing product. All you need to do now is develop a prototype and introduce it to investors or get it patent . I will for sure be the first person in line to buy this. I always have a hard time putting my keys into my pocket when I'm riding my bike. The only concern I have though is will we be able to hook other things that we normally hook onto our key chain like a bottle opener and those small member cards? Check out my post. http://jalekatircioglu.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason,
    This seems like a really interesting and useful product. I could definitely see a big need for it in the market of security guards, and similar professions to that. I believe that you were spot on when you listed the annoyances that keys can create. Also, having an app that would help you find your KeyBrain if you were to lose it is a great thought and it would be useful. Feel free to check out my blog at: http://uffarmer.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jason! I can tell from this post that you are really driven to succeed and take this idea somewhere. I think this is a great idea and it's actually quite similar to mine actually, except my idea is to avoid keys for rooms in general. I agree one hundred percent with the annoyances you presented about keys. Check out my idea napkin at: http://sowersent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no2.html

    ReplyDelete