Monday, January 11, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story and what I want out of ENT3003

One time in my life where I was exposed to entrepreneurship was last last year during the spring semester. During my first week I went to this event called startup hour which was a gathering of a whole bunch of people involved in different startup companies in Gainesville. I talked to two guys who had just graduated from UF and started their own music promotion/ collaboration service. One of them was a Computer Science major and the other a business major but they both liked to produce music in their free time. I remember them telling me how they were very passionate about growing their startup because they knew first hand how hard it was for a new musician to gain exposure on their own. And even though there were other services similar to theirs, they were still going to try and work on it.




The reason I enrolled in ENT3003 is because I have zero understanding of the entrepreneurship process and its concepts. So with this class I would like to gain a grasp on what is means to be an entrepreneur and develop and entrepreneurial mindset. These are two things I think would be beneficial for me to understand when I start my career.

4 comments:

  1. It seems that we are both enrolled in this class for the same reasons. We both hope to gain a better grasp on what being an entrepreneur is all about and be able to have an entrepreneurs mindset. I agree that knowing these two things will help us substantially in our careers as we head out into the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://maxxlipman.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowledge is only power if it's used. I think it's fantastic that your looking to gain knowledge and eventually apply it later on! I prefer real estate, so I've spent a lot of time on biggerpockets.com, as well as reading numerous real estate/ business books! If you've the hunger, then there's nothing that can stop you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://chrisaent.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

      Delete