Thursday, February 25, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection

1.) One thing that surprised me from the reading was seeing that venture capitalists aren't satisfied with a reasonable return on investments. I thought investors would stay satisfied as long as they make a decent return. I didn't expect that they would want unreasonable returns in order to invest.

2.) One thing that confused me from the reading was that they didn't really explain why having too much reliance on one member of a team could be deal breaker for venture capitalists. I never assumed that that would be a problem.

3.) My first question to the author would be what he thinks of the new trend of crowdfunding? Does he think it could take over as the main way to finance a business? Also, in this day and age its hard to make a product that is truly unique. What does he think is the best way to try and present a product if uniqueness isn't possible.

4.) I think the author is wrong to think that unrealistic expectations can be a deal breaker for venture capitalists. From what I've seen, people who make the products have more understanding of the industry more than anyone. So they know exactly how well they're product is really worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment