Thursday, February 11, 2016

Idea Napkin No.1

1.) I have experience designing apps for student and professional projects. My aspiration is to have a career that is both creatively rewarding and can provide benefits to people. If I were to start this business, this could achieve that aspiration. I would dedicate all my time to designing my key holder product and knowing people are willing to buy it would give me the sense that I'm having a positive impact on society.

2.) My product, KeyBrain, is meant to replace the regular key chain. Having a lot of keys in your pocket can be annoying. They can sit uncomfortably in your pocket, takes up a lot of space, are noisy, and can be a hassle to find the right key when you need it. KeyBrain is a new key holder that is meant to fix all those problems.

3.) This product would be great for individuals who carry a lot of keys around with them all the time, like college students. This would also be great for any organization or business that has a lot of rooms, like a hotel or convention center. Every time I got to a hotel, I see workers who have these huge amount of keys on a small key chain. They always chain them to their belt buckles and have a hard time finding the right keys to every door they need to open.

4.)  The product itself is a small rectangular container that holds and organizes all of your keys. Its compact so it takes up less space in your pocket and is more comfortable, removes the clattering of keys, and makes find the the right key easier. The idea is that you put your keys into the container and when you need to take a key out, there is a knob in the side that slides the key out and back in. Depending on the number of keys you carry, you can have the container hold 5 to 10 keys at a time. So for staff workers at a hotel instead of carry a huge bundle of disorganized keys, you can carry 2 or three KeyBrains that have the keys sorted together.

5.) What sets me apart from everyone else is my determination. No matter how far fetched or impossible something might seem, I'll do my best to things work. What I have that nobody else has is that at my age I have experience with working with professional clients on making a new product from scratch.

I think that all five of these elements fit together well for me. My experience with designing apps gives me some insight on how to develop an idea from the ground up. The product that I'm offering can really benefit a a large demographic of people. The people I listed would care about my product and everyday people could use it as well.Also my core competencies are things that will help me move my business further if I wanted to start it.

5 comments:

  1. I really like your idea and is definitely a product that would be widely used by a lot of different types of people. I think the issue you may run into is actually getting people to buy it. Especially those of older generation, I think they may feel resistant to change or not care enough to want to convert from just having their keys on a normal ring. I certainly would consider getting your product so maybe you could gear a lot of your marketing towards potential older users. Overall really good job, your idea is very creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason! I think you have found a solution to a problem that definitely needs a solution. I think that your idea makes it easy for consumers to carry around their locks. It also is convenient as it does not make the loud noises that keys make when they clank around. Good job and I wish you luck in the future developing this product. I also think you would enjoy my post http://cambent.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jason! I am commenting on your blog because the one I was assigned was only a shell.
    Anyways, I love your business idea! I also really like that it is clear you have thought through your idea very thoroughly. Your customer base is great. I could see every hotel or apartment manager using the KeyBrain! Maybe you could even make different size ones for different people/ customer groups. Overall great job!
    Here's the link to my own post :http://ckm-ent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-6-idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, I like that your idea promotes organization and ease. Also, I can imagine the design prototype could look really cool. I think it’s really great that you have experience designing apps and working with that kind of technology. Something that would be even more advanced would be the computerization of this, what if instead of storing the keys themselves you stored the key’s identity, and it could be transformed into some kind of a scanned chip? That’s a lot more technologically advanced and would need significant research and development, but still, pretty cool! Feel free to check out my blog post, http://jessjohns1.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, I think that your idea is a great one. It promotes organization in a practical way. I like how you focused making everyone's current process easier, rather trying to change the entire routine itself. I support your idea completely and I would definitely invest money into something like this. http://ochoasteven2018.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete