Sunday, February 14, 2016

Interviewing Customers No. 3










The questions I asked during the interview:

  1. Do you carry a lot of keys with you?
  2. Do they ever annoy you? Do they hurt your leg when they're in your pocket? Are they too bulky? Is it a hassle to find the right key?
  3. Would you be willing to buy a product that fixes those annoyances?
  4. If it came with a feature that would help you locate your keys if you lost them through an app, would that be an incentive to buy it?
  5. How much would you be willing to pay for this kind of product?
From these interviews, I learned that people could really benefit from having a new kind of key chain. People want a more compact, less noisy, and easier way to store their keys. What surprised me the most is how much people are willing to pay for it. Throughout the interviews people said they would pay $10-$20 for the product. I didn't think people would go over $10. Because of these interviews, my thoughts on the product has changed. I'm more confident that this product is a good idea and would actually benefit a lot of people.

4 comments:

  1. The idea of having an app that helps you locate lost keys is a wonderful idea and id definitely spend 10 or 15 dollars on one. Maybe expand that to wallet and other common items that people misplace. As far as making it less bulky I never really have a problem with them unless im running in which case just put them around your neck but it's a good idea regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason! I wanted to say you did a great job on these interviews! I thought the questions you asked were well worded and helped you get a better understanding of your customer. I have commented on your idea before, and I love it. Keep up the great work. I would love to see this idea come to life and be created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jason, I thought your idea of a new kind of key chain was unique and interesting. I see where you are coming from, I have a similar problem with my keys they are too bulky and noisy when I need the right one. This idea could help some people but overall I do not think it would make an impact profit wise. If you were to incorporate something else to it, like adding a small flashlight or compacting the keys together so they fit easier in your pockets; it would attract a lot more customers to your business concept. I did not really understand what the customer would pay for, would they pay for a more compact way of having their keys or an app to locate the keys? Or does the key chain come with the app? Here is the link to my blog feel free to check it out

    http://ent1646.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete