Sunday, February 7, 2016

Interviewing Customers No. 2




1.) After the first round of interviews, I started with a broad opportunity. I thought of a way to reduce the amount of space our phone, keys, and wallet take in our pocket. Now I focused more on one of those items, keys/ key chains. I thought of an opportunity that would reduce the clutter, noise, and annoyance of having a lot of keys in your pocket.

2.) In the last interview I talked to anyone. But for these interviews I focused on students. I think students would definitely gain the most from this opportunity than anyone else because of all the different kinds of keys we have to carry at all times.

3.) In this interview, I changed my questions to focus more on the issues of keys.

5.) After these 10 interviews, I have more confidence in my opportunity. I think it's good idea and it's something that people would actually use. 

6.) My three tips for students in the class next semester:
  1. Don't worry too much about asking random people for interviews. 
  2. Having a friend with you when your interviews makes things easier
  3. Think of your surroundings. Make sure you're interviewing people in a quiet place so when people watch your videos, they'll be able to understand whats being said.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jason! I really liked how you learned from your first round of interviews and changed how you approached the second set. By narrowing down your questions and focusing on people who you believe have that problem, you were able to get great feedback. Also I agree completely with your tips for next semester’s class. You can check out my interviews here: http://courtneysrymer.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason, it is pretty amazing how one can learn from the first set of interviews to the next. Also, just like you, I focused on a particular target market to interview in order to get better feedback.
    Also, your idea to reduce the clutter was amazing.

    My blog; http://anaguevarauf.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interview-n2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jason! You did a great job of analyzing your last interviews. It really is an achievement to be able to be objective over previous projects and assignments. I think you are on the right track in regards to focusing more on a particular issue, like keys. However, I would consider opening up the demographic again. Students are important, but organization is a need for everyone. Great job!

    ReplyDelete