Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

1.) One thing that surprised me from the reading was the way advertising was after WWII. I thought persuading people using emotions you get from buying products or using relatable characters would have been something done before that time.

2.) One part that confused me was when the reading was trying to explain how attitudes matter to the buying decision. The reading wasn't exactly clear on how it helps sell products.

3.) One question I would ask the other is what does he think the most effective way to segment an audience is. Can segmenting them through attitude or lifestyle lead to more profit? Also, which purpose of segmentation is more effective, advertising or new products? I feel that a new develop on advertising can make any product more appealing for different audiences. Microsoft has done a great job at using different kinds of ads to target different kinds of people for their Surface Pro series.

4.) One thing I disagree on with the authors is that they say that visiting a clinic about a medical condition is a middle of the spectrum decision. I think in most cases that's a more deeper decision since it has a chance of being something serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment