Saturday, April 2, 2016

Week 12 Reading Reflection

1.) I was surprised to see that failing to explicitly communicate the company's strategy to employees was a fatal vision in strategic planning. I didn't think something like that could be so detrimental to a company.

2.) What confused me the must from this reading was the idea of strategic planning. With the way the book explained it, it took a long time for me to wrap my mind around it.

3.) One question I would ask the author is how long does it usually takes before a venture experiences failure. I remember reading something how they usually last 3 years or so, but is that really true. Also I would ask what he thinks could be the next company that could be like the "fab four" in innovation growth. Does he think something like Oculus could be the next big innovation.

4.) I disagree with the author on saying no is a way to help employee motivation. I think constant rejection of someone's ideas could heavily demotivate them and maybe ruin their working mindset completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment