Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 15 Reading Reflection

1.) The first paragraphs of this article really surprised me. I thought it was a really great way to open it and it really drew me in. Trying to do business in a country and being extorted is really crazy.

2.) The part that confused me in this reading was the "Rethinking Microfinance" section. I didn't have an idea of what Microfinance and the definition that was provided didn't make any sense to me.

3.) One question I would ask the author is how was the full experience of being extorted like he did? Was it dangerous and how did you feel to be in that scenario. Also I would ask him if undermining the company's short term interests  for the customers is something every business should do? Can something as big as Microsoft of Comcast do the same?

4.) While I think that the success that this guy and his company have is amazing, I do question his decisions and their way to make a profit. Volume is great when you have a large customer base, but what happens when you don't. This article was made in 2008, how does his company fair now? Did his customer base ever decrease and did he ever start to lose profit because of his small margins and costly customer relationships?

No comments:

Post a Comment